Andrew and I adventured into the wonderful world of Mardi Gras at none other than the heart of debauchery itself, New Orleans Bourbon Street.
Both of us are fond of the Big Easy, visiting it often sans-beads and boobies. But the city was all good-girl-gone-bad for the week of Mardi Gras– and we kinda liked it. 🙂
I flew into Dallas from Washington, D.C. and met up with Andrew and the two of us ventured off with our NoLa-virgin friends in tow!
The calm before the storm…
Beignets all day every day!
So MUCH food!
And of course old-timey photos!
- I saw a grown man urinate his pants in the middle of the street.
- I stood next to two minors openly passing a joint back and forth– police within arms reach.
- According to the Christian radicals I am absolutely going to hell for 8/10 items on their list of sins (one of which was being AT Mardi Gras).
- I was hit in the head with a water bottle for complimenting a man about his drunken teamwork.
- I saw many pierced nipples and that wasn’t really my thing.
- And I was front row to a gentleman “helicoptering” his man parts for beads.
I love New Orleans.
And, you’re welcome Nola for the small chunk of change I contriubuted to the $300 million economic city surge.
…but more importantly, who’s in for MG2014?